AWS EC2 Overview
Amazon EC2 instances are public cloud VMs you may launch for hosting data portals, on-demand access to GPU instances, burst computing, or general computing needs.
- Easy to use from CADES environments
- Linux and Windows VMs
- Only pay when used, pay as you go
- GPUs Available (including P100)
- Many sizes available
- Reserved instance pricing (pre-pay) options for substantial cost savings
- Spot (preemptable) instances available
Getting Started with EC2
While the official AWS EC2 Docs are extensive, the below quick start guides are designed to assist ORNL scientific users become familiar with EC2.