Externally Accessing CADES Resources - UCAMS Accounts
You may find you need access to CADES resources from off-campus.
This guide is intended to provide ORNL users (ucams account holders) guidance on how to access some of the most common CADES resources. If you need further assistance, you can contact the CADES team and ORNL Solution Center.
📝 Note: External ORNL (xcams) account holders should see this guide as these users have other access methods available.
ORNL External Login Node - Requesting
ORNL maintains the external login nodes
Use of these requires:
- Self requesting the "External Login Server" ucams resource (below)
- Obtaining an ORNL issued RSA soft or hard token (From the Solution Center)
The ORNL Solution Center can provide assistance for both the above. CADES can not request these on your behalf.
You can self request the "External Login Server' role from https://ucams.ornl.gov
- "Main menu -> Access Management -> Resource by Resource -> Request (radio button) -> OK" and choose "ORNL Login Server"
📝 Note: The ucams website is not available externally, unless using ORNL VPN or via Citrix - both of which require an ORNL RSA Token. If you are unable to access the ucams site to request the resource, please contact the ORNL Solution Center. They can request the resource for you.
ORNL External Login Node - Accessing
Once you have and RSA Token, and have requested the ORNL Login Server resource, you can ssh to
login2.ornl.gov and then to CADES resources.
From here you can access internal resources, including:
- OpenStack Horizon Web Interface
- CADES SHPC Condos
- ORNL Internal Websites
The external user ../external-access.md provides information for accesing each of the above.
Internal support documentation may be reached by via ssh tunnel:
- $ ssh -L 9000:support.cades.ornl.gov:80 firstname.lastname@example.org
- In browser: http://localhost:9000/user-documentation/_book/